Hello!


Thanks for visiting my blog!  My name is Elana and I'm a junior at Brown University studying music and urban studies.  This semester, I am excited to participate in a workshop for undergrads, grad students, and professors who are pursuing practice-oriented research.  My project, “Sounds Like a Building,” is going to creatively document the construction of Brown’s Performing Arts Center (PAC).  In the process, I hope to think more about how people, spaces, and sound/music/art interact with each other.

Last semester, my final project for “Echoes of the Everyday: Telling Stories with Sound” focused on one of the sounds of the PAC construction site.  My final reflection for that course also detailed some ideas I had about future directions for the project.

Over the summer, I’ve been thinking more about where this project might go, and I plan to post an update soon detailing these ideas.  For now, welcome to the blog and please post comments if you have any feedback, questions, thoughts, etc!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates!